The aircraft Weight & Balance App for smartphones is done. It’s been done for about a week but needed to do some usability testing and then create the video tutorial. I’ve had other hints on my mind so is had to wait. The wait is over.
A few changes from the first release …
- Helper feature to remind new users to add the app to their home screen
- Dynamic UI to support a wider range of aircraft configurations from single seat to four occupants and up to three baggage areas.
- CG results are displayed graphically as well as numerically.
- Warning messages for missing configuration, over gross, and out of CG
- This version of the app uses the jqMobi framework in place of jqTouch
You can install the application at: 53VG.com/wb. I hope pilots find the app useful. Leave feedback if there are features you’d like to see in the next release!
Addendum: a post to an aviation related forum reminded me of a small assumption I made in the app. While the data entry of the settings and the flight data are all meant to work with either English or metric units, the fuel load is in US Gallons and converts to US pounds during the calculation. Thus, the app does not really support metric. Sorry about that.