Often, to finish a project, you need to step back and fashion the right tool to help along the way. This was most assuredly the case with the clock. I’ve added 11 hours of labor but zero progress on the restoration. *BUT* I now have my own paint booth !
I did manage about 4 hours of work on the clock. I wanted to insure I had the full paint process figured out so I prepared the the pendulum bob and painted it with two coats of primer and a coat of satin black epoxy finish.
BTW: the paint booth uses one furnace filter on the air inlet (with the fan) and two filters on the outflow. If you look closely in the picture of the pendulum bob, you can see the outflow filter – it’s already black !
ttd = 52