I have begun the restoration process for the 1880′s tower clock I retrieved from Chicago a week ago. Today I completed the disassembly (as much as I dare).
I know very little about the clock beyond the manufacturer (Arnold & Lewis of Manchester, England). Today I went through the detailed process of “document and disassembly”. The difficult part of this task is that you never actually know if you documented everything well enough until you get to the “reassembly” phase – obviously it too late if you find you missed something.
Here is the clock – what I started with, and what I ended with at the end of about 3 hours of effort.